Maybe you were living under a rock, but Beyonce’s hair made more of a buzz than Ms. Keri Hilson’s hair, Rihanna’s red hair although not as major as Michelle Obama’s bangs. Moral of the story, HAIRSTYLE choices are conversations amongst women of African heritage.
However this post is pro choice, African hair is versatile and can be a pleasure whether natural, permed or relaxed, short, mid, long hair as well. Below are some hairstyles, take them to your stylist but remember to take care of your hair by minimising breakage.
- Use wide tooth comb, detangle with fingers gently when you remove plaits.
- Deep Condition/Protein Treat your hair before and after hairstyles to help minimise breakage.
- Prepoo with COCONUT OIL before shampooing your hair.
- Give a week between hairstyle change
- Avoid if possible the use of petroleum/lanolin/mineral oil/paraffinum in your hair treatment, use natural oils and butters instead (Zimbabwe can get from BARE NATURELS)
Make sure you avoid the Naomi Camphell hairline for the sake of a beautiful hairstyle?
What is your favourite hairstyle of choice and do the people around you like your favourite hairstyle?