So the medium between natural and relaxed is texlaxing. This is using a relaxer to get a more manageable hair texture. It is so pretty I regret ever relaxing in the first place.
So After reading a tutorial here is what I decided to do:
- I bought Dark and Lovely regular relaxer, Vitamin E oil and Coconut Oil.
- After undoing my hair, I noticed my hairline on one of the sides always let’s go of my hair when it gets plaited. So I decided will texlax my hair from hence forth.
- I covered my hair in coconut oil and vitamin E oil overnight from scalp to tips, as an overnight base.
- When I was relaxing I took the retouch portion and added vitamin E oil and mixed it in well; before the creme activator.
- I then based my scalp with coconut oil and vitamin E.
- I followed the relaxer instructions to use activator creme and only relaxed new growth hair.
- I decided to smooth without combing and in the last 5 minutes of the 15 minutes put chemical on my hairline.
- I used Motions Deep Silk Protein conditioner afterwards under a cap and head wrap for close to an hour, with vitamin E oil (my hair is thick) then combed it after relaxer, Voila!! Minimal Hair Breakage.
After oiling with my two oils blow dried the hair after some air drying
For where I got my tips —> click here <—
Here is my hair TEXLAXED 🙂